Expert marketing and strategic consulting to fit the African health care environment
Creating local opportunities for international companies.
Batswadi Pharmaceuticals (Pty) Ltd is a South African biotechnology company that provides a variety of services to international and local pharmaceutical companies with business interests in Africa. Over the last seven years, Batswadi has developed strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.
Because Batswadi understands the complex African pharmaceutical market, and the extent to which each African country is different from its neighbour, we create local opportunities that maximise the assets of international companies of any size, by:
• Adding real value to international partnerships
• Targeting key markets for product manufacturers
• Managing seamless market entry strategies
• Providing products and solutions tailored for the African market
Founded in 2005 by Christopher Whitfield and Hennie Visser, Batswadi’s management team has an in-depth knowledge of South African pharmaceutical market. With combined experience of over 100 years, our executives understand the challenges, requirements and developments that are specific to the African region.
Christopher Whitfield, CEO
Hennie Visser, CFO
Ernest Wyatt, Partner
|Ernest Wyatt (Partner)Ernest Wyatt is Partner and Managing Director in the Batswadi USA office. He has over 15 years of healthcare experience in both the federal and commercial sectors. He has served as a managing consultant for both Booz Allen Hamilton and PwC. Prior to consulting, he served in various capacities in hospital administration, healthcare research, and project management. Mr. Wyatt holds MBA from Howard University School of Business, a MSPH from Meharry Medical College and a BA from University of Michigan. In 2014 the founder of Batswadi, Christopher Whitfield, along with his US based partner, Ernest B Wyatt, established Batswadi USA|
Batswadi means ‘parent’ in Tswana and we strive to operate the way a parent should – with integrity, trustworthiness and reliability. Internally, the team believes in:
• Recognising and promoting the potential of our employees
• Encouraging the development of innovative ideas
• Improving health, longevity and quality of life for patients
• Providing solutions to meet gaps in the African medical market
• Sharing knowledge within our organisation and community
• Delivering on our commitments – reliably and with integrity